[Blindtlk] Audio book production questions

Hyde, David W. (ESC) david.hyde at wcbvi.k12.wi.us
Tue Jun 20 19:49:15 UTC 2017

Hi Sarah. The first thing I would suggest is that you talk with your regional library for the blind. Many states already have programs to record books in their state.
Secondly, you may be an absolutely excellent reader. You may have a great deal of experience reading aloud. Not all writers do. One of the worst I remember is William F. Buckley reading one of his books.
To answer the question about software, I am not sure. I do know, however, that one of the problems home recordings have always had is the introduction of noise from uncontrollable sources. I recall with some fondness the barking dog, the cat who wanted to be fed, and the emergency vehicles going by on the street. Today, you could probably cut that noise using editing software, but it would be easier not to have it at all.
When you approach your library, you should probably include any good reviews your books have had.
Good luck.