[Blindtlk] Pack made type system with QRWTY keyboard

Bernadetta bernadetta_pracon at samobile.net
Thu Mar 2 04:04:46 UTC 2017

Hi there.
Nope, these things are still being made, sold, and are very much
relevant today. Hims just said that a U2 firmware update is in the
works for later this year. This is the Braille Sense u2 qwerty we're
talking about here--that's the exact name for the product line. and
although Hims just unvailed their upcoming android device, they
publicly announced that they are not abandoning the older U2 products.
By the way, I happen to have one of these qwerty units. I absolutely
love mine, and I think it's the best product out there for those of us
who prefer the qwerty interface with Braille. As a self-proclaimed
Braille tech junkie, I'm just itching to get my hands on one of the
latest sleek little android units, but if I'm honest, I'm probably
going to stick to my u2 qwerty because of that particular keyboard
interface. Also, it's worth noting that the software on the u2 qwerty
is not totally comparable to the latest available in mainstream
software, but it is pretty darn current still. If you're friend is
coming from a PacMate perspective, this would be a very pleasant and
definite upgrade for him. I'd be happy to share what I know if necessary.

All Best,

Bernadetta P