[Blindtlk] Passport picture rejected for closed eyes?

BrianMiller brianrmiller88 at gmail.com
Tue May 23 14:29:30 UTC 2017

Hi Rene,

I'm afraid you will have to re-take the photo. I've seen this many times
before - even if your eyes are half closed, they will reject the photo. I've
seen them reject photos because someone is smiling, believe it or not.

If your daughter is not physically able to open her eye due to a medical
condition, it's possible you could get a doctor to certify this and seek
redress that way, but I suspect it would be a cumbersome and time-consuming
process. If your daughter can manage it at all, try to get a photo with her
eyes fully open.

Good luck , and safe travels!

Brian M