[Blindtlk] Passport picture rejected for closed eyes?

Sherry Pablo spnfb14 at gmail.com
Tue May 23 16:27:01 UTC 2017

Hi,

I ran into the same issue when I was renewing my passport. Both of my
eyelids had recently undergone partial tarsorrhaphy procedures, the
surgical fusion of the upper and lower eyelids together. I could open
my eyes partially, but my photo was initially rejected because my eyes
were not fully open. I had to get my ophthalmologist at UCSF to write
a letter explaining why I am unable to open my eyes fully. I submitted
this with my passport renewal application and received my passport
without any issue.

Hope this helps and happy travels!

Sherry