[Blindtlk] Information about dreamers needed

Ericka dotwriter1 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 17:27:24 UTC 2017

Laz, I have a friend who came when she was three years old with her family from Ecuador. She did not find out she was not a naturalized citizen until she was in her 20s. I don't know if her parents and siblings came legally or not but her parents did not know about signing papers to make their children legal citizens after they came. She had to take the citizenship test orally because she could not read the trench and she did not know braille. Thankfully she has a citizen, but she could have been one of those sent back. She lived in Chicago most of her childhood. She came in the 70s but can you imagine coming here at two or three years old with no language of any sort really at that age trying to understand the world? Kids 15 and under coming here I don't really have a choice. Lots of cultures don't give kids choices like we do here in the family structure is very different bank. They are very family oriented to the point where they live all together under one roof trying to survive.

How old were you in 1965? Not every parent has the ability to do it legally. I think times have changed on these countries so much that the poor are leaving illegally because they can't afford to pay the bribes to corrupt officials to get out of their country and here legally.

I how many of us American born citizens could pass the naturalization tests. I hear they are very difficult. And it costs a lot of money to become a citizen. It takes seven years from applying for citizenship to actually being naturalized.