[Blindtlk] Question about jury duty selection

Vickie happytraveler1972 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 00:51:48 UTC 2018

I was called for jury duty in Michigan, by the Federal Court while I was actually living in Texas.  So, I went online and filled out the form they asked to be filled out, and heard no more. Then since I’ve lived in Arizona for 6 years now, I was written to appear in Phoenix by both the Federal and County courts, twice.  The first time I placed a phone call to the county clerk and they excused me. Then the second time I had to go to my doctor and get a statement saying that because of having no transportation and my total blindness that I should be excused.  So, now that I have moved up north further, who knows if this county will summon me for jury duty. I do have transportation here, and could appear before a judge and let him decide.   I do know of one person back in Michigan who belonged to the NFB, who did serve on a federal case.  She had some vision, though, and maybe that’s why she was put through, so what I’m saying is, if you think you can do it, go for it.  I am totally blind and couldn’t read any documentation submitted or see videos or people’s faces, so I felt I really couldn’t perform the duty and would probably be released if I went before a judge.  So, that’s my experience with jury duty.
Vickie Rolison