[Blindtlk] Question about jury duty selection

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Mon Apr 23 03:54:37 UTC 2018

Lack of transportation is usually no reason for avoiding jury duty;
counties have cab services that do free transports to and from the duty if
that's needed.  Probably when you were summoned Joe Arpaio ran the
Maricopa Jury Transport Cab Company.  On Sun, 22 Apr 2018, Vickie via
blindtlk wrote:

> Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2018 20:51:48
> From: Vickie via blindtlk <blindtlk at nfbnet.org>
> Cc: Vickie <happytraveler1972 at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [Blindtlk] Question about jury duty selection
>
> I was called for jury duty in Michigan, by the Federal Court while I was actually living in Texas.  So, I went online and filled out the form they asked to be filled out, and heard no more. Then since I?ve lived in Arizona for 6 years now, I was written to appear in Phoenix by both the Federal and County courts, twice.  The first time I placed a phone call to the county clerk and they excused me. Then the second time I had to go to my doctor and get a statement saying that because of having no transportation and my total blindness that I should be excused.  So, now that I have moved up north further, who knows if this county will summon me for jury duty. I do have transportation here, and could appear before a judge and let him decide.   I do know of one person back in Michigan who belonged to the NFB, who did serve on a federal case.  She had some vision, though, and maybe that?s why she was put through, so what I?m saying is, if you think you can do it, go for it.  I am t
 otally b
 lind and couldn?t read any documentation submitted or see videos or people?s faces, so I felt I really couldn?t perform the duty and would probably be released if I went before a judge.  So, that?s my experience with jury duty.