[BlindTlk] Please help.FW: [blind-bst] Braille Writer Repair

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Mon Oct 29 22:00:18 UTC 2018

I needed brailler repair earlier and couldn't contact Allan Ackley either.
I ended up using The Braillery for the repair, then shortly after getting
the brailler returned I got contacted by him.  He said he had been away
from his business and was now back.  This happened in 2017 and not even
his phone would answer.  I sent a report into the NFB webmaster advising
Allan Ackley was out of action and sent another report in after I had been
contacted by him if memory serves to cancel his deletion from the list of
available brailler repair shops.  If he's going to be away for a while, it
would be helpful if he would record an absent message on his voicemail to
at least let people know if he'll return.  I think when I had trouble
contacting him by phone his number had been taken out of service.  It may
be adviseable to check the obituaries for his name in Iowa.