[BlindTlk] Regarding Effectiveness of Cleaning Solutions and Devices

Anitra Webber anitrawebber at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 8 00:22:36 UTC 2019

I wouldn't recommend putting your hands in the toilet. But otherwise you can wear disposable gloves when you clean.

Anitra Webber

    On Saturday, April 6, 2019, 8:29:38 PM MDT, Humberto Avila via BlindTlk <blindtlk at nfbnet.org> wrote:

 Thanks all for your awesome ideas.

I really see the value of feeling or "policing" the area where I clean up, as a Blind person. My hands are my eyes, which is yes something that I already knew. However, seeing as the content of the kitchen counter, floors, or even toilets may have many germs on or in them, I would be concerned as to the probability of me getting sick from getting in contact with those germs which would be far greater than the probability for a sighted person, whom uses their eyes to police the area, even if I wash my hands.
It sort of feels like a Blind person would have to do some more extra steps just to be as proactive and make the place look clean or professional at all times. How often should I do these things? In your experience are there products that have better cleaning consistency than others? How do I tell?
Thanks in advance and sorry about my many questions. It's just that it's my first time doing it.

Humberto

“Positive thinking leads to a positive attitude which leads to positive actions which lead to positive outcomes.”
— ME