[BlindTlk] Question about societal attitudes toward blindness

Mark Tardif markspark at roadrunner.com
Tue Apr 23 17:21:02 UTC 2019

Three words, education, education and more education.  It will probably be a
lifetime process for you.  It can be frustrating at times because you would
think we would have made much more progress in this area by now.  I think
putting yourself out there and just meeting people and engaging them is an
excellent start.  Most people never expect to meet a blind person so it's
easy to understand the lack of education among the public regarding
blindness and the fact that blindness is a characteristic, but it is not
what defines us.

Mark Tardif
Nuclear arms will not hold you.