[BlindTlk] Looking for some Advice on Apartment- or Studio-Living

Judy Jones sonshines59 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 9 16:32:17 UTC 2019

Very true about moving.

On our boxes, when we have moved, I have had three labels, although two
should suffice for a smaller place.

If you can, get into the apartment and get familiar with the floor plan so
you can decide the "staging area," for most of your boxes.

Bigger pieces should be moved in first, as in furniture, then boxes can go
on top and all round.

The labels I used delineated whether boxes went in the garage or the house.
The second label stated which room.  The third label was my braille label.

Whenever we have moved, I print off labels sheets, and apply them as I pack
each box.

When you start your packing, start with the things stored in your closets
that you don't use much, then work outward.

Lastly, one thing I have always done and been very glad, is kept what I call
the Handy Box.  This box goes with me and has things like extra scissors, my
box cutter, cleaning supplies, dish soap, paper cups for a thirsty moving
crew.  Paper towels, a roll toilet paper, a few trash bags, hammer some
nails, hanging hooks if needed and a screw driver set.

Judy

"Embrace each day with His mercies and blessings."