[BlindTlk] The Unemployment Rate of the Blind

Judy Jones sonshines59 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 19:33:47 UTC 2019

I love what you said, and you are absolutely right.

One troubling trend is now many companies put having a driver's license as a
requirement on their application, even if the job duties do not entail
driving.

My husband and I have differing opinions on whether to use the state ID
number as the license number, especially on those jobs where you know the
employee will not be driving, yet that requirement is on the app.

My stand is that they are asking as a point of ID if the job duties don't
require driving.  In those instances I would say Yes to driver's license, as
most people don't think about the alternative state ID.