[BlindTlk] i'phone - IOS Question

Chaim B. Segal chaimsegal1968 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 21:12:56 UTC 2019

Hi:

Chaim Segal here. I have been nomail on this list for a few years, but decided to start participating in this list again more-or-less for networking purposes. I have not restarted my mail from the Electronics Talk list yet, so I'm fielding a question out here. I'm having a slight problem with Voice Over on my i'phone 6S, but think it's just a matter of having accidentally changed a setting which can be easily changed back.

In a nutshell, I receive a number of news feeds throughout the day from various national publications and networks. Until a few weeks ago, I could click on the title of the article then swipe down on the screen to read it. I've noticed that starting with the previous update to IOS, I have to do an extra step and hit "View" before it loads. Now, I'm finding that while I can still read the articles, after my phone reads up to a certain point, Voice over says "Back", and I have to scroll past some images or links to go further. I continue reading and the same thing happens. In some cases, I never make it to the end of the article because when I try to go further, either advertisements or links to other related content supersede everything else. Is there something I need to turn off in settings? Do I need to change how Voice Over is scrolling, if that is even possible?
Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Chaim