[BlindTlk] Laptop shutting down half hour when on battery.

Humberto Avila humberto_avila.it104 at outlook.com
Tue Mar 19 21:31:50 UTC 2019

Dear Judy:

I think I am a little bit confused as to how your laptop will be shutting down abruptly while you are using it. I am wondering if it is actually going to sleep or hybernating? How does it shut down? Does it shut down while you are working in it or are you leaving it turned on and in the background?

You might want to check the battery status on it. To do that, in JAWS, use Insert+Shift+B. It will tell you the percentage and the time remaining.

Sometimes, laptops just don't work when their batteries are being worn out and batteries can last only for so long. When the battery gets to about 5% of lower, it will automatically go into a deep sleep (hybernation) and you plug in the AC adapter in order to turn it back on.

Let us know if or how we might help.

Sincerely,

Humberto

[JAWS Certified, 2019]<http://www.freedomscientific.com/certification>