[BlindTlk] transcription, audio book narration

Danielle (Shives) Manke shives1 at myactv.net
Thu May 16 01:56:08 UTC 2019

Hi Justin and all,
The company I work for, TranscribeMe, gets audio recordings from individuals and companies all over the world. The complete sessions are broken down into chunks that average about four minutes in length, though they can be shorter or longer. They have a strict style guide which goes over how to transcribe the audio into text. Their only requirements are that you have a good handle on the English language and be able to follow the style guide. You also have to use Google Chrome, as it is the only browser their platform works with. Payment is done through PayPal and is by the audio hour instead of how much time you actually spend on the transcription. Starting pay is currently $15 per audio hour. There are opportunities to join special teams and move up to other positions, such as quality assurance and reviewers. The additional opportunities and positions offer higher pay rates. There are also opportunities to complete exams in other languages and accents which open up more opportunities. To get started with them, you need to study the style guide and pass an English entrance exam. I have found pretty much everything I have done with them so far to be accessible. They are also a very supportive company to all of their workers, and there is a very helpful online community of company leaders and fellow transcribers that can answer any questions that arise. It is a nice way to earn a little extra money while working from home and setting one's own schedule, as there can be work available at any time of day. If anyone has any further questions, I'd be happy to answer them if I can. There is also a great deal of information for anyone interested at transcribeme.com and going to Join as Transcriptionist. Thanks and take care.
Danielle