[BlindTlk] [BlTlk] Hard for blind people to find jobs.

Shane Lowe shane at mediate.tech
Mon Nov 30 14:28:07 UTC 2020

Hi all!
While I've been quite fortunate regarding employment, I have still
faced more discrimination than anyone should during the hiring
process.
If you're interested, I wrote a few blog posts to try and combat these
issues, at least on our side. There's only so much we can do, but
having worked at a few small businesses and a major corporation, I
figured I could share what has worked for me.
https://www.supersense.app/post/full-disclosure-when-to-discuss-your-blindness-in-the-job-search

I've also written a bit about formatting resumes and networking, and
thought those may be of use. I run a couple of side projects for fun,
and those are purely fueled by personal relationships.
Networking with friends:
https://www.supersense.app/post/the-never-ending-web-how-to-network-with-friends
Resume formatting:
https://www.supersense.app/post/a-step-by-step-guide-to-formatting-your-resume