[BlindTlk] [BlTlk] Hard for blind people to find jobs.

Gary Wunder gwunder at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 30 16:16:54 UTC 2020

I will say it was the NFB that gave me the courage to believe, to look, and introduced me to employed blind people. The organization didn't get me a job, but they convinced me that if I wanted one, I should go and try to get one. Maybe helpful, maybe not, but no one will get you a job unless you know a political figure who is offering them for favors. What we can do is target those things that come between blind people and jobs, and the more people we have, the more brains we bring, the more persistence we demonstrate, then the more likely we are to help. Little is more transformative than employment. It provides more money that any social program I can think of, gives a better answer to the question "What do you do for a living," and feels better at the end of the day than anything I know. This means we owe it in all humility to do all we can to help others find these benefits.