[BlindTlk] Time zones

Judy Jones sonshines59 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 04:09:30 UTC 2020

Hi, Halley,

I am on the west coast in Washington, which is Pacific time.

When it is four o'clock here, Mountain Time is five o'clock, Central is 6
o'clock, and Eastern would be seven o'clock.

If you were to look at a time-line map, not all time zones are created
equal.

Where I used to teach school in Kansas, we were right on the border between
Central, which is east of the mountain states.  But each county got to vote
if they wanted to stay in Mountain or Central.  The town to the north of us
was on Mountain, while we were only 29 miles south and stayed on Central.

If you can picture a piece of fruit cut into 24 orange-slice segments, that
is a simplified version of time zones.

The reality is more complicated, but for conceptualizing, it will work.