[BlindTlk] [BlTlk] Fw: The Meaning of Independence?

Brandon A. Olivares programmer2188 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 29 22:39:54 UTC 2021

I agree with this. They say no man is an island. We’re always going to depend on others: that’s just how it is. We’ll never be able to drive (until there are self-driving cars), so we have to rely on someone to drive us, whether that’s a family member, friend, bus, or Uber. But it’s just different kinds of dependence. But to me that’s not really a bad thing.

When I go to the airport, I’ll always need some sort of guidance. When I go to the restaurant, I’ll always need a way to read the menu, whether it’s the server, a friend/family member I’m with, or Aira. Or I guess there’s OCR but I’m not patient enough to try to use that.

To me the question isn’t how independent we are, but how freely we can do what we want to do, when we want to do it. We are always going to depend on others in some way.

Brandon