[BlindTlk] Golf classic, blind mentors for cited recreation professionals

pmdonahue2 at gmail.com pmdonahue2 at gmail.com
Tue May 25 18:00:26 UTC 2021

Hello Erica and everyone,

	Not everyone needs to like golf. They should never discourage others whose desire to challenge Rorrey Mackelroy the opportunity to do so.

	The NFB already has a platform for addressing the issues you raised. It's called the National Federation of the Blind Sports and Recreation Division. I have shared these concerns with them in the hopes of starting meaningful conversations. All I've heard thus far is crickets singing. This is not the way our divisions, committees, and groups  should behave when members present new ideas for possible projects going forward. There have been several personal trainers who have posted to their list. Beyond that not much else has been discussed. Some of these activities could be done in connection with the national convention once in-person conventions restart. There could also be local groups of this division that could offer these opportunities around the country to ensure that today's blind aren't denied the opportunity to participate in the sports and recreation activities I would have loved to have tried when growing up. I'm sure others also had the same desires. All the best.

Peter Donahue