[BlindTlk] Using a walker?

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Sat Feb 12 04:03:12 UTC 2022

Tripod canes are on the market and maybe one of them resembled a walker.

On Fri, 11 Feb 2022, Justin Williams via BlindTlk wrote:
hurrycane.com is another vendor and both upwalker.com and hurrycane.com
advertise on TV which is how I know about them.  One of the things a
physical therapist will assess is how long the balance issues are likely
to remain.  If it's for the duration of life, a sled and wheelchair will
be prescribed since the balance issue could otherwise cause too many
falls.  I know a lady in our program while in Atlantic City  who was
trying to use a walker to get up a handicapped ramp and she fell on the
ramp.  A little mitigation over steps but not much and she had people with
her when the fall happened.  If a person hasn't got staff with them, canes
and walkers are not likely to be prescribed.