[BlindTlk] Door Dash

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Mon Jan 3 01:43:44 UTC 2022

Could it be these corporations concentrate on their largest markets?  If
so, only 1/3 of the cell phones in use are iphones with most of the rest
being android.  Fortunately by now switching even to an unlocked budget
android phone will be less financially painful than getting an iphone and
Samsung mostly sold in the United States has good talkback accessibility
on those phones.
Libertarian corporations like door dash; grubhub, uber, lyft and probably
more that ought to be mentioned operated and operate by envelope pushing
and envelope pushing doesn't extend to good customer service whether in
person or by email.  I wish I had better news on this score but I don't.
I have some of these food apps on my phone and have had them there for
over a year and have yet to use any of them.  I have lyft and would have
had uber except the phone number I have is now attached to a different
device and the corporation can't adjust to that new device so the app left
my phone.
Since they don't ask the question did you port this phone number to a
different device and wipe out the old device information if answered
affirmatively their app can't handle what happens in the real world.  Lyft
had no such problem.
For anyone still in the fruit vale, my advice to you when this happens is
to put a review in the app store with the #a11y tag somewhere in that text
letting users know the accessibility either is going or has gone down the
tubes.  Enough complaints maybe Apple will take notice.