[BlindTlk] Scanning QR Codes

Raul Gallegos - NAGDU rgallegos at nagdu.org
Fri Jan 28 15:44:59 UTC 2022

Hello. I think QR codes are great. I have used them if I go to a
restaurant and I haven't had the chance to read its menu to decide on
what to eat. Another great use for them is when I do any sort of setup
or app configurations on my smart TV. For example, I was configuring an
app the other day, and to go directly into the app setup on my
smartphone, there was a QR code on the screen to scan. After scanning
it, I was directed to the correct page on my smartphone and I was able
to complete my task. Last, QR codes are a great way to share your
contact information. I run a small technology consulting and training
business called RGA Tech Solutions. I have business cards with my name
and contact information on them. There is a QR code which when scanned,
will import the contact information into the person's smartphone. In the
future, we will be doing something similar with the National Association
of Guide Dog Users when we get new business cards made and updated. This
way when I hand one to an Uber or Lyft driver, it will direct them to
the NAGDU page so they can learn about guide dog users and/or contact us
with any questions.

I could go on and on about the wonderful use, but others on here have
done that very well already.

I hope this helps.

>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/blindtlk_nfbnet.org/jdashiel%40pani

--