[BlindTlk] Windows Computer and Installing NVDA

Edward Green ergreen1981 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 05:43:27 UTC 2022

Hi Brandon,

NVDA has a talking installer so you can install it without sighted
assistance. You download it from www.nvaccess.org and just run the file.

If you need speech to do that, you can use Narrator which you activate with
control+windows+enter.

As for a computer, NVDA has touch screen support but I don’t use it.

I’d get a computer with a Solid State Drive - that should be most of them
these days, minimum 8GB RAM but 16 if you can afford it, and I5 processor
or above.

Cheers,

Ed