[BlindTlk] visually impaired people not caring about personal hygiene..

Mark Tardif markspark at roadrunner.com
Thu Dec 28 23:34:39 UTC 2023

That comes from ignorance, not necessarily intentional discrimination.
Unfortunately that can influence how a blind person feels about
himself/herself, therefore influencing all kinds of behaviors.  I don't know
how many times I've met sighted folks who didn't know the first thing about
blindness not because they were discriminating, but because they had never
met a blind person before or, if they had done so as children, some older
misguided adult told them never to do things like ask questions, so they
developed these ideas that we know are just wrong.

Mark Tardif
Nuclear arms will not hold you.