[BlindTlk] email service recommendations

Curtis Chong chong.curtis at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 15:51:20 UTC 2024

Greetings, Sarah:

I am not myself a user of Windows Mail, but I do use and strongly recommend the use of Outlook 365 to send and receive email on a Windows computer. Yes, I do understand that this is not a free choice. One has to pay at a minimum around $70 a year for a Microsoft 365 license. But if a blind person is employed anywhere, Outlook is used by a very large number of employers and works quite nicely with both JAWS and NVDA.

As for processing your Gmail email on your phone, the Apple Mail program works quite nicely on the iPhone.

Please don't hesitate to write with any additional questions, and if you want to get in touch with me directly, send email to chong.curtis at gmail.com.

Warm regards,

Curtis Chong