[BlindTlk] Exercise

Humberto Avila humberto_avila.it104 at outlook.com
Fri Jan 12 21:17:43 UTC 2024

I personally don't really like the word "Exercise." It makes it seem
like a dawnting chore that must be accomplished with certain protocols
or judgements. I rather use the word 'Movement' instead. Or physical
activity. And we as blind people can get engaged with movement or
physical activity just as sighted people can.

For me, it looks like walking to and from my works staff lounge every
day by taking the longer paths / not doing shortcuts. Or maybe even just
walking, period. Walking is enough movement for me and provides the
health and wellness I need. For some people it's different. On that note
though, I listened to a story on NPR the other day, saying they've done
some recent research that suggest that doing just 5 or 10  mins of this
physical movement and doing it well enough can improve any health
outcomes just as well or even more than doing it for more time.

But this is just my two cents. HTH.