[BlindTlk] Exercise

Asia Quinones-Evans aevans.nfb at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 22:07:09 UTC 2024

I love this topic. I am a student currently earning a double associates in
sports. One is called Sports and Fitness Management. And the other is called
Health and Wellness Coaching/Promotion. If I take a course correctly and
pass a certification exam I will be able to do health coaching in the
future. Health coaching includes helping someone with goals for a fitness
program, a better way to get good  nutrition; a health coach is not a
physical trainer or Nutritionist so can not create a plan but they help with
getting resources and talking about reaching your goals. A health coach can
help with getting better goals for spiritual guidance, and anything else to
do with health related goals. To continue this my other degree will allow me
to earn my Bachelors of Exercise Science in a few years. I want to help
people with disabilities since it is extremely hard to find any sort of good
health advice or exercise programs for the blind or any significant
disability. I will be earning my practicum this spring for my health and
wellness degree and I will need to complete a set amount of hours of health
coaching with my professor sitting in. I want to do this with people with
disabilities so hopefully the blind community can help with this.

Yours Truly,

Asia Quinones-Evans

Phone: (440) 670-6509

Email: aevans.nfb at gmail.com

Live the life you want; Blindness is not what holds you back