[Blindvet-talk] [Fwd: Vets program meeting]

Jim Debus jdebus at clemson.edu
Mon Apr 18 14:19:47 UTC 2011

Hello Vets,

     I understand that this message below is very late notice, but I
wanted to make everyone aware of the resources available to them in
Columbus, Ohio.  The below information pertains to recreation
opportunities offered to vets within the parks and rec system.  So if
you are, or know a vet from Central Ohio, please pass this
information their way!
Thanks,

James D. Debus

 Good Morning!!!

Hope all is well...Just a friendly reminder that we have a meeting tonight
at the Franklin Park Adventure Center at 6:00 PM tonight to plan our
strategies to kick off our program for Veterans.

We received $15,000 from the NRPA Parks and Restore Grant program which is
to go toward the purchase of equipment.  The goals outlined in the
proposal include:  Purchase equipment such as updated all court sport
wheelchairs, provide added staff necessary to expand our programming to
meet the needs of our injured service members and/or veterans, and expand
participation in our program by 100 injured service members and veterans
in the first year through appropriate programs and marketing efforts.

I look forward to our meeting tonight.  Please RSVP.  Thanks and have a
great day!!

Mary Beth Moore, CTRS
Columbus Recreation and Parks
Therapeutic Recreation Manager