[blparent] Baby's first cold?

Pickrell, Rebecca M. Rebecca.Pickrell at ngc.com
Tue Dec 2 18:41:30 UTC 2008

Just keep her hydrated and let her rest.
Colds aren't a big deal really, though if you've never dealt with one in
an infant, it is all new to you.
I wouldn't worry about her getting sick, just offer her fluids and
things to eat, my daughter likes fruit and let her rest, same as you'd
do for yourself.
Note, they've taken away kids' cold medicines so don't use them.
Also, don't use adult medicnes for her.
Finally, you can take her into the bathroom and let her breathe steam
from the hot shower, or you can get a humidifier. We haven't done
either.
I also rub vix vapor rub on my daughter's chest, and bathe her in bath
salts that have a medicinal smell to them which seems to help. Ask the
store folks to help you and say you want bath salts. I believe Johnson
and Johnson makes one for kids, but I've never had problems using
big-people salts.
That's really about it.