[blparent] Baby's first cold?

trishs slosser at metrocast.net
Tue Dec 2 23:43:08 UTC 2008

Mommies are babys' Chicken soup.  Keep her as comfortable as you
can, and hydrated, maybe tylonol, a cool bath if she's running a
high, prolonged fever, and possibly a humidifier, until it
passes.  It's common for babies who develop a cough to throw
fluid into their ears, so, all you can do is watch and wait, and
as I said keep her comfy, which means just holding her.

dads.  I've come down with a raw throat and a runny nose, the
usual aches and pains of a cold.  I probably picked it up at
church.  So far, I'm not sure if Sarah has caught the bug from
me.  She seems a little more whiny and tired than usual, and last
night Gerald said her cheeks were pink, but she looked fine this
morning.  I know what to do for myself when I have a cold, and
the kind of comfort stuff that makes me feel better.  But if
Sarah does get sick, other than going to the doctor which I'll do
if need be, what will help her?  I mean, the usual home remedies
like chicken soup and such aren't geared toward babies.

>Thanks,
>Jo Elizabeth

>It is easy--terribly easy--to shake a man's faith in himself.  To
take advantage of that to break a man's spirit is devil's work.
Take care of what you are doing.  Take care.--George Bernard Shaw
in "Candide"