[blparent] Home schooling?

kate02 at bellsouth.net kate02 at bellsouth.net
Mon Dec 15 14:07:49 UTC 2008

Hi list.

So we’ve been doing the public school thing for a wile now and we’re not impressed.  I started looking in to home schooling but Clay is concerned how I would do it being blind.  Does any one know if curriculums are available in Braille and print?  Also as I looked in to home schooling I found this thing where you sign up for a privet school and even though your child is considered a private school student, you can choose your own curriculum and teach at home, but your child is stile able to receive a diploma.  But wile researching homes schooling I found information that makes it look like a diploma is less important for higher education because their more interested in your transcripts.  Does any one know more about this?  I would love to get thoughts on this and am hoping there are others who have researched home schooling or even better, some who have that are blind?

What ever information you can give would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Kate