[blparent] Home schooling?

Pickrell, Rebecca M. (TASCSD) REBECCA.PICKRELL at ngc.com
Mon Dec 15 17:05:14 UTC 2008

Hi Kate.
Have you gotten in touch with any homeschooling organizations in your
state?
Some states are very much opposed to homeschooling, others are not.
You'd do well to research that.
You'd also do well to Google for a homeschooling advocacy group in your
local area and talk with them.
Finally, do you think you'd have in you to homeschool? It is more about
taking your child on trips and interacting witht hem, as opposed to
"hear Ash, here's a book, go read while Mommy..."
A couple options that you did not mention are switching to another
public school, or in sending Ash to a private schools.
You may have already decided no to both of these, but in case not, I
wanted to throw them out there.
I'd also have a very honest discussion with Clay on his
feelings/beliefs. He knows you, he knows Ash, and he is also her dad,
giving him as much weight as you in this decition. I'd ask him to
outline what his concerns are, so that you both are aware of them.
Finally, know that you can homeschool and then change your mind if you
all decide you need to.
Nothing is set in stone here.