[blparent] Stove talk

Karla Hudson HudsonKC at msu.edu
Sat Dec 27 21:33:21 UTC 2008

Hi there,

We went through this when we bought our stove.  I was really nervous about
buying a flat top stove.  I just love the one we purchased.  It is a GE Pro.
Probably on the higher end.  However, I can type the temperature in for the
oven.  Yes, none of that crazy arrowing stuff and having to remember.  It
has a key pad just like a microwave oven.  Also, we have knobs for the
burners.  Some stoves now use arrows to change the temp. on the burners.
What a joke!  I don't know about all of you but with two kids who has time
for all this memorizing.  My sister is blind as well and just bought one
similar to mine (Kenmore) at sears for a bit cheaper.  The flat top is easy
to use just place the pot approximately where you think it goes and turn on
the heat.  You can feel above if the pot is on there evenly as the heat is
coming on.  Good luck and don't short yourself a great stove you will be
cooking for years on the item you choose so make it a good one.