[blparent] techniques for checking out your baby

Michael Baldwin mbaldwin at gpcom.net
Sun Nov 9 04:25:55 UTC 2008

1.  How do we know when the diaper is needing changing?
It sags, and feels different when it is time to change it, and sometimes the
smell will alert you.

2. How do we know when the baby has a fever?
They feel warmer than normal, and a talking thermometer will let you know
for sure.

3. How do we put an outfit on our newborn?
Same way anyone who sees does, 1 leg at a time, 1 arm at a time.

4. How do we bathe our newborn?
In a infant tub with warm water and some baby soap, and a soft wash cloth.

5. Do our hands get dirty when changing a poopy diaper?
Very rarely, I keep the wipe between my hand and the baby, they are thin
enough you can feel through them.

Michael