[blparent] techniques for checking out your baby

K C kcc86 at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 9 05:08:28 UTC 2008

I'd like to add a few pointers.  One, when you first change your baby please
do not make my mistake, and fold the pretty ruffles under the legs of the
diaper thinking they're mere decoration between the legs?  Doing so will
only result in leaks, and way worse.  :)

2.  Do not try to dress your newborn by unfolding the arms, and legs.
Instead, follow the configuration of the body as you incase them in clothes.
Before you know it, dressing a newborn will be as simple as dressing
yourself as their little bodies adjust to being outside the womb, and
unfurl.
3.  When you bathe a very new baby you'll be able to tell the difference
between a clean/dirty child by the smooth/roughness of his/her skin as
easily as you'd be able to tell a smooth piece of paper vs. one witch has
pencel eraser markings on it.  Just run an eraser across a smooth paper, and
you'll see what I mean.  As long as you've got a baby tub with a seat witch
won't allow your baby to slip you'll be able to take as much time as you
need to bather him/her.  Take your time, and don't worry about getting
everything done just as soon as possible.  As long as you wash the face,
neck, and between the legs all bases will be covered, and you wan't feel
like going crazy by the time you're done.

What your newborn will need most is physical contact, a need we blind are
best at meeting.  For the warmth, and security your baby will need your
body/arms are second to none at keeping your child secure.  Take it from me.
Knowing that his/her care giver is always responsive when he/she needs
responding to, all else will fall into place, lots of messes, and late
starts not with standing.

Hope all this information helps.  Take care,

Kijuana