[blparent] not so nice places

Veronica Smith madison_tewe at spinn.net
Sun Nov 16 21:55:10 UTC 2008

It is hard to believe what kids go through in orphanages.  My cousin adopted a toddler from Romania and she said the babies were kept 3 to a crib.  She said that when it was bath time, the workers would take the clothes off these kids and spray them with a garden hose.
When Claire came to live here, she was absolutely terrified of water.  my cousin said she would scream anytime the water was even turned on in the house.  so they started therapy.  First a little cup was introduced to Claire, 18 months at the time.  then when that was not a threat, a cup, then a bowl, then a bigger one, then a bucket.  Now claire is 13 and on the swimming team at her school.
I thank God everyday that my daughter is the way she is and not afraid of anything except the dark and a biting puppy. v