[blparent] a different kind of cane

Barbara Hammel poetlori8 at msn.com
Tue Nov 18 14:52:51 UTC 2008

Ours are the lowest functioning in our group.  Actually, the one lady who
helps with the children during Saturday school has no problem with them
using their canes.  Too bad we only have it once a month.
We'll just muddle along here and maybe one day it will click.  Jesse seems
to finally be learning that if he puts his hands out they can protect
him--either that or he just does it because we tell him to.
I'll be honest, the progress they make is slow but steady.  I wish they
could just get it now.  I'm learning big lessons, about how I have no
patience, with these two.
Barbara