[blparent] Double Strollers

Melissa Ann Riccobono melissa at riccobono.us
Mon Aug 17 02:32:52 UTC 2009

My sister had a double stroller for a while, but she found it hard to pull
and very heavy so she didn't use it much.  Of course, this was a few years
ago so they may have a newer model which is lighter.  Personally I might
wait a bit to make such a purchase.  When the baby is very young you will be
able to wear him or her in a sling, snugglee, etc. and still pull your son
in a stroller.  Depending on what type of sling or carrier you have you may
be able to wear your youngest for quite a while-I can still carry my
two-year-old on my back-and your older child can ride in the stroller and
then, of course, begin to walk more and more along with you.  By the time
your youngest is too big to be carried comfortably I bet your oldest will be
wanting to walk most of the time on his own.  Of course, if you want another
baby fairly soon, then a double stroller might be more of a must.  But, you
may be able to get along without one fairly easily.

Just some thoughts.  It never hurts to look at your options.  I would
definitely want to get my hands on, fold, unfold, and pull a double
stroller, or any stroller for that matter, before purchasing.  Just my
preference!

Melissa