[blparent] Ideas for Toddler Meals

Jo Elizabeth Pinto jopinto at pcdesk.net
Thu Aug 27 20:28:55 UTC 2009

Hi, all.  I'm looking for ideas on what meals to give a toddler.  Sarah is eighteen months old now--where does the time go--and she's still shown no interest in a spoon.  She likes to feed herself, so finger foods are best.  She'll eat all fruits and most vegetables like they're going out of style, and she'll eat cheese every time she can get it.  Once in a while she'll eat chicken, but the only way I can get other meats into her is to make meat loaf and then mix that in with stuffing or mashed potatoes to hide it.  She'll eat dry cereal, and sometimes rice or noodles.  She gets about 24 ounces of milk a day, still mostly in the bottles--I've got a sippy cup graveyard on my kitchen counter because of all the cups I've tried and given up using.  Anyway, I feel like I'm just giving her the same meals over and over, so I was curious what all foods you moms and dads out there have had success with.

Jo Elizabeth

"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced."--James Baldwin