[blparent] Seeking parents who are blind and who adopted

Sherry DeFrancesco sdefrancesco at optonline.net
Sun Aug 30 15:59:59 UTC 2009

Hi Elizabeth,
Thank you for sharing and giving us hope :)
We started with Holt, but they are currently prohibited from working with
New York adoptive families, as is many other agencies working with Korea.
they actually put numbers on how many children are allowed to be adopted out
to U.S. families, and restrict which agencies from each state can have
access to certain numbers of children...
Again, thanks much for your response. It is encouraging to hear of families
who have been formed through International adoption, especially with visual
impairment involved. It gives us hope even though this is probably the worst
time in history for international adoption.

Best wishes, Sherry