[blparent] Holding a bottle independently?

Tammy, Paul and Colyn tcl189 at rogers.com
Sat Feb 7 21:34:32 UTC 2009

Hi,

If she's eating finger food and using a spoon well, then I don't see the
problem here.  I know what all the books say and what kids should be doing
at 1 or 2, but sometimes I think they worry parents unnecessarily.  If she
won't hold the bottle or use a sippy cup, hold the bottle for her, and don't
worry about a sippy cup at all right now.  It might be a  security thing for
her, and she might like the close time with you.  Also, you can tell me to
mind my own business if you want, but why stop feeding breast milk?  Why not
just continue offering it to her and letting her wean herself when she's
ready?

Tammy