[blparent] I'm very sad today

Veronica Smith madison_tewe at spinn.net
Sun Feb 8 18:34:44 UTC 2009

I posted this news basically to let all of us know that we should trust no
one but ourselves when crossing streets.  I am guilty of listening to
others.  One time when our NFB convention was in chicago, a friend (cane
travel instructor) saw me coming along a long hallway and he disguised his
voice and said to me, mam please move to the right and I did as he
commanded.  Well, he said it again and again and i did what he said each
time and before you knew it I was against a wall.  I finally said to this
stranger, if I move anymore, I'll be climbing the wall.  He then laughed at
me and i knew who it was.  He asked me why i kept moving when I knew there
wasn't any reason for it. I'm just stupid that way.   We need to know and
trust ourselves. V