[blparent] I'm very sad today

Barbara Hammel poetlori8 at msn.com
Mon Feb 9 19:00:44 UTC 2009

When I was waiting at a crosswalk to cross the street and catch my bus one
day, there was a lady already waiting at the stop.  She and I both decided
at the same time that I could cross the street.  (I started to cross at the
same time she said it was safe for me.)  There was a car two blocks away at
the time and as I stepped out in the street, I think she and I were both in
shock because the car gunned it.  It was only about a foot away from hitting
me when it stopped and I was transfixed in horror--a deer in the headlights.

Barbara