[blparent] Working outside or in the home

Pickrell, Rebecca M (IT) REBECCA.PICKRELL at ngc.com
Tue Feb 10 17:52:39 UTC 2009

The other piece is that sometimes it's fine to lose money paying for
daycare.
My folks did just that. Mom was going nuts doing the stay-at-home mom
thing, and believed that the socialization daycare provided would be
good for us.
I don't remember any of this.
She did say that while they initially lost money sending us to daycare,
they recooped it in emotional health, socialization for us, and
eventually finantially.
Know to that working from home with a child is very very difficult in
that nothing gets your full attention.
Know too that even if you *can* and*do* work from home, many employers
require that you have childcare during the hours you are working.