[blparent] Ultrasound and Heartbeat

Tammy, Paul and Colyn tcl189 at rogers.com
Sun Feb 15 03:38:01 UTC 2009

Hi,

I am getting these messages backwards for some strange reason, so sory iif
I'm repeating stuff someone else sais.
Usually you can hear the heartbeat with a fetal monitor at about 12 weeks,
sometimes earlier.  If you go for an ultrasound you can hear it at about 7
or 8 weeks, although now the doctors don't like to turn the sound on because
they say it's not safe for the baby.  The've done it for us in every
ultrasound but one though, so if you explain your situation they'll usually
accomidate you.  As to the duedate question, they don't usually let you go
anymore then ten days past your due date because the placenta degrades.

Tammy