[blparent] Finding Educational Toys

Jo Elizabeth Pinto jopinto at pcdesk.net
Wed Feb 18 04:19:09 UTC 2009

Hi.  Sarah has a couple of shape sorters and also a musical play table that
features shapes, colors, numbers, and letters as well as familiar tunes.  I
got some plastic letters, but I haven't been pleased with them because
they're fancier than just the basic alphabet that I can recognize.  Still,
my baby girl is only a year old, and I haven't really stressed about
teaching her anything.  I would encourage you to remember that concepts such
as shape and color recognition will come soon enough, but just spending time
playing with your baby, even if it's with wooden spoons and plastic cups or
other household objects, and cuddling, is most important.

Jo Elizabeth

"Don't throw away the old bucket until you know whether the new one holds
water."--Swedish proverb