[blparent] Has anyone used UPromise.com?

Jo Elizabeth Pinto jopinto at pcdesk.net
Wed Feb 18 23:37:48 UTC 2009

Hi, all.  I heard about a program today called UPromise.com that rewards a person with savings toward college for making purchases from member companies.  The web site is pretty accessible, and the gist of the program seems sound--you register your credit card, then when you buy from member companies, they contribute cash (usually one to eight percent of the purchase price) toward your college savings account.  i heard about the site from someone who is in the business of financial planning, and with college so expensive, it seems like it might be a good idea to sign up and start saving for Sarah, even though she's only a year old.  I was wondering if any of you have used the service, and if so, have you found it reliable and worthwhile?

Thanks,
Jo Elizabeth

"Don't throw away the old bucket until you know whether the new one holds water."--Swedish proverb