[blparent] breastfeeding positions

Eileen eileenlevin at comcast.net
Sun Feb 22 13:32:48 UTC 2009

Hi
Here's a link to latching and positioning resources.
http://www.kellymom.com/bf/start/basics/latch-resources.html
This Kelly  mom web site is full of very good breast feeding info.

>From my own experience I suggest getting as many suggestions as
possible, you never know which tip might be the thing to help you the
most. That being said, if you find a position that feels comfortable and
allows the baby to nurse then stick with it. Even if the position defies
everything you've been told  if it is working for you and your baby then
use it!!! I had very low supply and lots of problems with pain. The
first 6 weeks were the hardest for me.   Most babies get more skillful
at nursing by 6 weeks of age and mom's body has adjusted to meet baby's
needs.
Good luck, nursing should get easier soon.
Eileen