[blparent] Using Tivo or DVR

Michael Baldwin mbaldwin at gpcom.net
Tue Jan 6 19:47:26 UTC 2009

If your watching TV live, you can not skip over the commercials, you have to
watch a recorded program, or have had the program paused.
We have the Dish Network DVR, and I am unable to use it for watching
pre-recorded programs, or set it to record something, but I can use the
pause, rewind. and fast forward features.

I haven't seen a bad commercial, but I have seen shows on prime time TV I
wouldn't want my kid watching.
 Michael